This is a delicious shrimp recipe that is garlicky, spicy, and ready in no time.
1 pound medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 scallions, sliced
¼ cup chopped cilantro stems and leaves
Fried garlic (optional)
For the shrimp coating:
½ teaspoon salt
Ground pepper (to taste)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
For the sauce:
½ head of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 shallot, minced
1-2 teaspoons chili pepper flakes (fresh or dried)
2 tablespoon chili garlic sauce or sambal oelek
2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine (Shaoxing wine)
1 teaspoon fish sauce
¼ cup water
2 teaspoons sugar
½ teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
2 tablespoon butter
1. Combine shrimp, salt, ground pepper, and cornstarch in a bowl. Coat the pieces evenly.
2. In a wide pan, heat about 3 tablespoons over high heat. When oil is almost smoking, quickly sear shrimp on both sides, a minute on each side. Make sure you don’t overcrowd the pan and keep the temperature high. You want to char the outside but not overcook the shrimp. Set aside.
3. Turn down heat to medium. In the same pan, add more oil if necessary. Sauté ginger and garlic until lightly brown, for about a minute. Constantly stir so they don’t burn.
4. Add shallots and chili pepper. Cook for a minute.
5. Add the chili garlic sauce, cooking wine, fish sauce, water, sugar, and salt. Let it simmer for a minute. Taste and adjust.
6. Mix the butter in.
7. Bring the shrimp back to the pan and coat with the sauce. Turn off the heat.
8. Add scallions, cilantro, and fried garlic. Serve right away and enjoy!
#chiligarlicshrimp #garlicshrimp #shrimp #garlic #chilli #chile #instafood #recipevideo #shrimprecipe #chiliprawns