This is Filipino barbecue pork belly in all its goodness conveniently cooked in the oven.
2 lbs pork belly (sliced into ½” thick slices)
⅔ c soy sauce
⅓ c lemon or calamansi juice
½ c brown sugar
½ c banana or tomato ketchup
6 cloves garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon ground pepper
¼ c white vinegar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon red onion (minced)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon sugar
1. Combine all marinade ingredients. Marinate the meat for a few hours to overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
3. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (for easy cleanup) and place a cooling/grill rack on top.
4. Arrange the pork belly slices on the rack. Save the marinade for basting.
5. Cook for about 45 minutes until nicely charred on both sides. Flipping and basting (with leftover marinade) half way through, or as necessary. Broil at the very end if it needs more caramelization.
6. Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!
#liempo #porkbelly #inihawnaliempo #bbqliempo #inihaw #grilledpork #bbqpork #filipinofood #filipinobbq