Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
A delicious, easy-to-make pasta that most ingredients are probably already available in your pantry. This pasta dish is a meal on its own but can also work as a side dish.
Pan or a skillet
- ½ pound spaghetti, bucatini, or linguine
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, divided
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (2-ounce) tin anchovy fillets in oil, finely chopped
- ½ cup pitted olives, chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley, or more
PREPARE YOUR INGREDIENTS:
- Mince the garlic.
- Chop the capers, olives, and anchovies.
- Finely chop your fresh parsley.
- Get all the other ingredients ready.
COOK THE PASTA:
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water. Stir occasionally and cook 2 minutes less than the package instructions. Save ½ to 1 cup of the pasta water for later.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Toast the breadcrumbs until golden brown, constantly stirring so they brown and crisp evenly. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- On the same pan, place the rest of the oil and add the garlic, capers, crushed red pepper flakes, and anchovies. Constantly stir to let the flavors meld together. Let it cook for a minute.
- Add in the olives and squeeze half of a lemon.
- Add in the pasta and toss to distribute the sauce.
- Add some pasta water. Start with a one-half cup then add more as needed.
- Add some ground pepper and turn off the heat.
- Add the breadcrumbs, saving some for garnish, and fresh parsley. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with the remaining breadcrumbs and more parsley. Add more salt or pepper as desired. Serve right away.