Ensaladang talong is good all on its own, or as a side dish to grilled meats or seafood. In my opinion, the best way to cook eggplant it by roasting where it gets charred and smoky.
1 ½ pounds eggplant
1 cup tomatoes (chopped)
½ cup red onion (finely chopped)
¼ cup vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons bagoong alamang (sautéed shrimp paste)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel and roughly cut eggplant into about 1-inch pieces.
3. Toss with extra-virgin olive oil and spread on a baking sheet evenly.
4. Roast for about 30 minutes, or until tender and browned. Stir halfway to make sure it doesn’t burn.
5. Place in a large bowl and mash with a fork. You may also use a food processor.
6. Add tomatoes, onions, shrimp paste, vinegar, sugar, and ground pepper.
7. Mix well.
8. As an option, you may also add cilantro and chilies.
9. Chill for a cold salad or serve as is.
#ensaladangtalong #eggplantsalad #eggplant #talong #sidedish #ensalada #inihaw #roastedeggplant #filipinofoodmovement #recipe #video #recipevideo