This is my original recipe for lemon bars where I used calamansi instead of lemons. These bars are so good with a creamy, tangy curd and a slightly salty, buttery rosemary shortbread crust that stays crisp for days.
Rosemary shortbread crust:
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ cup butter (cut into cubes)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 sprigs fresh rosemary (minced)
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup all-purpose flour
⅔ cup calamansi juice (I used frozen)
1 teaspoon calamansi zest (I used lime)
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Powdered sugar (for dusting)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl, combine ingredients for the crust. Use a pastry cutter to cut it until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. You may also use your hands or a food processor.
4. Press into the prepared pan. With a fork, prick the crust evenly to prevent puffing.
5. Bake until deep golden brown, about 25 - 30 minutes.
6. While the shortbread crust is baking, prepare the curd. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth.
7. Pour over hot crust. You may use a sieve for a smooth curd.
8. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Return to the oven for another 20 minutes, until set.
10. Chill well before cutting. Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
#calamansibars #lemonbars #calamansi #lemon #shortbread #shortbreadcrust #filipinofoodmovement #recipevideo #recipe #video
Thanks for coming! Let me know what you think: