Pancit canton is the Filipino version of stir-fried noodles. It is a dish that never gets old. Choose your protein and vegetables and call it your own.
- 1 package (1 pound) cooked pancit/egg noodles
- 4 Chinese sausage links (sliced)
- ¾ cup shitake mushroom (fresh/dried, sliced)
- ½ pound shrimp (shelled &deveined)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ onion (diced)
- ¾ cup carrots (julienned)
- 2 cups cabbage (shredded)
- 2 scallions (chopped)
- Cilantro (optional)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon bouillon
- Squeeze of lemon/calamansi
- Ground pepper
- In a small bowl, make the sauce by combining hot water, bouillon, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Set aside.
- Rinse your cooked pancit in cold water and separate the strands. Set aside.
- In a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat, add a little oil and brown the mushrooms. Move it to the side of the wok, then sear the sliced sausages (this burns fast). Do the same for the shrimp, just partially cooking it. Add oil as needed. Take them out of the pan and set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onions. Add the carrots and a little of the prepared sauce to cook the carrots.
- Add the noodles in and the rest of the sauce. Let it come to a boil, careful not to overcook the noodles. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the cabbage, mushrooms, sausage, and shrimp. Mix it up.
- Squeeze a lemon, add scallions, ground pepper, and cilantro (if using).
- Serve right away.