I added my own little twist to this classic Chinese egg fried rice where I used sausages instead of Chinese barbecue pork (Char Siu). This recipe is yummy, simple, and a meal on its own.
- 3 Chinese sausage links (diced)
- ½ cup chicken (sliced thinly)
- 1 cup shrimp (small size; peeled and deveined)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ medium white onion (minced)
- ½ cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cups rice (cold)
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 3 scallions (thinly sliced)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Season chicken and shrimp with some salt and pepper.
- Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add a little oil and quickly make soft scrambled eggs. Set aside.
- Lightly brown the sausages, add chicken, and then finally the shrimp. Do not overcook. Set aside.
- Add some more oil and sauté garlic and onions, for about a minute.
- Add the peas. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add rice, breaking it up while constantly mixing. Turn the heat down at this point so the bottom doesn’t burn.
- Add the eggs in and evenly combine with rice.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Bring the proteins back in.
- Add scallions and serve right away.