There really are no rules in making halo-halo as long as you enjoy it. Of course, you may customize with your favorite ingredients and add as much as you want.
- Ube Jam/Ube Halaya (homemade)*
- Leche Flan/Caramel Flan (homemade)**
- Sweetened Saba bananas (cooked in syrup)***
- Sweetened Langka/Jackfruit (cooked in syrup)***
- Ataulfo mangoes (fresh)
- Pinipig/Pounded Young Rice (toasted)
- Coconut Jelly / Nata de Coco in syrup (store-bought)
- Sweetened Red Mung Beans in syrup (store-bought)
- Ube Ice Cream (store-bought)
- Sago (cooked to package instructions)
- Gelatin (cooked to package instructions)
- Shaved Ice
- Evaporated Milk
*To make ube halaya: mix 1 can coconut milk, ½ condensed milk, 2 tablespoons butter, and 1 pound grated ube. Cook over medium heat, while constantly stirring, until thickened.
**Recipe video recipe for Leche Flan
***Cook banana/langka in equal parts of sugar and water for a few minutes or until syrup is thickened.
- Prepare ingredients and cut into small pieces of about the same size.
- In a tall glass, arrange ingredients in the bottom and add shaved ice.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream, leche flan, and pinipig.
- Drizzle with milk and add sugar as needed. Enjoy!
Ube Jam/Ube Halaya
Leche Flan/Caramel Flan
Sweetened Saba Bananas (cooked in syrup)
Sweetened Langka/Jackfruit (cooked in syrup)
Pinipig/ Pounded Young Rice (toasted)
Coconut Jelly/ Nata de Coco in syrup
Sweetened Red Mung Beans in syrup
Ube Ice Cream
Thanks for coming! Let me know what you think: